OpenAFS Foundation Meeting Notes 2015-04-24
Dave Botsch, David Boldt, Margarete Ziemer, Thomas Keiser, Todd DeSantis
- Resolution: Last meeting’s minutes were approved unanimously.
- These Minutes can now go into Production. Dave Botsch will set up page(s); Dave Boldt will copy last week’s minutes.
- Margarete’s mockup for “News” was approved; suggestion: put titles in bold print; links to actual pages still need to be created
- Proposal for changes at About/FoundationDocument: Reverse order of internal and external documents, add third section for “Records”. Proposal accepted. Margarete will start roll-up of past minutes, others will supplement the notes. Review by BoD prior to publication.
- IRS non-profit additional info: Margarete has not yet sent, but lawyer has all materials and was working on cover letter. Margarete to remind lawyer.
- 2014 tax return: Roman signed the form, Margarete will print and mail and scan receipt for record-keeping.
- BPW Committee: personal and official responses from Jeff Altman to Dave Botsch/Foundation.
- BPW committee has separate funds.
- Financial support of BPW by Foundation: we cannot afford $6k. Compromise suggested: return $3k given to Foundation originally for escrow at Pittsburgh law firm.
- Foundation funds:
- Pittsburgh law office still has partial escrow on our behalf. Margarete to track record with law office.
- Margarete to write financial report roll-up of history to be posted at the website later.
- Jeff Altman mentions donations of $35k at/by CMU, MIT, NYU. Dave Botsch to ask Roman, Todd to ask Laura, for memory recap of history and balance.