title: OpenAFS Foundation Meeting Notes 2017-11-15 nav: [about] —
- Dave Botsch
- Todd Desantis
- Margarete Ziemer
Dave is working with Kyle Floberg of Durham and Bates on insurance
- Looking at $1M E&O and $1M General Liability
- Includes Business Personal Property
- Agreement among the Board that we don't need the BPP
- Have asked if can have removed or is mandatory
- Base does not include Intellectual Property
- Board agreeed that we want IPP
- Asked for the additional MTK-227 endorsement for Intellectual Property
- Noted that there are limitations of what this includes (eg includes copyright infringement but not patent infrigement)
- Insurance covers employees and volunteers working on behalf of or for the Foundation
- Potential problem: definition of "services" says "for a fee"
- Have asked for clarfication (eg fee of zero, or does "free" mean not covered)
- A little surprising considering there was early awareness that we are FOSS, and that clarifying question was asked prior to the quote
- Looking at a premium of around $1K/year
- Margarete feels that if there is to be one next fall, a "save the date" needs to go out before calendar year end
- Margarete stated has heard a lot of questions to the tune of will there be another workshop
- Went back over response from previous contact with the workshop committee
- Response was mostly positive and did a good job of talking about the successes and challenges of holding a workshop
- Seems there is interest from the committee in holding another workshop if there is enough interest and enough sponsors and talks
- Door is open for the Foundation to participate somehow
- If participating, Foundation should be more cognizant of its role and be more prepared than previously
Todd working with his manager on obtaining old developer documenation, notes, etc.
- Things are slowly moving along… had to get a file server set up, had to get access, etc etc
Thanks to Todd for taking care of renewing the domain registration. 1&1's website is a challenge.
- We have the documents and financial statements, tho not ready for posting
- Don't want to post folks' personal addresses (though publicly available, eg phonebook, we're not going to just put those up)
- First attempt at blacking out addresses didn't work
- Not much in the financials other than a little income, a few payments to the lawyer, the domain registration, and the one sponsorship of a previous workshop attendee
- Documents are available should we be audited or have to respond to a legal matter.
- Ben - he rocks
- Windows client
- Urgent considering changes MS is making. Would be nice if their documentation was consistent or even easy to find on what's what.
- Mac client
- Does the new filesystem break stuff? Probably. At least SNM is working on the Mac client.
Will hit fundraising as soon as insurance comes through.
- If every org gives just $1K, much more than the value they get out of OpenAFS, would make a huge difference. Hopefully, some orgs would give more, or even donate code.